WHY USE CAKEPHP
Use code generation and scaffolding features to rapidly build prototypes.
No complicated XML or YAML files. Just setup your database and you’re ready to bake.
CakePHP is licensed under the MIT license which makes it perfect for use in commercial applications.
The things you need are built-in. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC frameworks.
CLEAN MVC CONVENTIONS
Instead of having to plan where things go, CakePHP comes with a set of conventions to guide you in developing your application.
CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention, helping you keep your application safe & secure.
Besides offering these functionalities, CakePHP also some other brilliant functionalities’ discussed as below
- Improve bootstrapping process to allow more developer control and better performance
- Richer query API
- Support for any database type
- Shorter URL Syntax
- Support for more database drivers both PDO and native
- Smarter router prefixes
- Helps reduce web application development cost & time considerably.
- Cakephp is remarkable when it comes to scaffolding code generation.
- While classes can be challenging to work with in standard PHP, they are much easier to work with in Cakephp.
- Its automated configuration process auto-detects preferred settings. What does this imply? This means one need not invest considerable time in configuring Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) setup.